approved by the Chairman and has not asked the Treasurer to remove any statement but has asked it to be added to with the statement below.
As you are all aware Mr John Knight (JJ) and his Father has left the Club of his own free will no one push coerced or wished him to depart, despite the several Facebook comments to the contradictory he has posted.
Anyone wishing to view or know reason why he and his father decided to leave (on their own accord) or to read the minutes containing the two page victimisation of another member and the clubs outside professionally produced reply to this complaint to Mr J Knight from the full Committee. contact the committee for access. Please do not make judgments till you have read all the facts as the chairman and committee wishes you all to decide on the full facts. Thank you for you assistance on this unwarranted and unnecessary matter.
Please take five minutes to look at our Sponsors Here!
Members We have setup another Trip to the Coloured Ponds for Sunday September 16th
See Derek or Sue Please as spaces are going fast. after members enjoyed the last annual trip to the MBK coloured Ponds Rake, on Sunday 1st it has been a success over the past three years and hope it was fun day for all to catch some nice specimens on two lakes exclusive to us HorizonDAC. Sue Hopkins won the day details Here.
Mr J Knight has left the club along with his father so he informs the members but still awaiting for both Cards to be handed in as club property.(since been returned to fred along with another letter of complaint) The Letter of complaint John put in is a vendetta against another member and named people within it to back the complaint up those members were not asked or gave permission for the names to be included in the letter and wished not to be included when we investigated the complaint. independent trustees read the complaint and upheld against John as a personal vendetta against another member John cannot see this i am very surprised by his comments as to "twisted" it was read as is and by professionals and all concluded that the letter was a blatant vendetta and classed as bullying in its entirety, if you state any person in a complaint any management would wish to get those named views on the matter, but not one upheld Johns versions or were happy about not being asked to be included this. As legal requirement naming someone without their permission as having witnessed something must be investigated so ended up as sour grapes as no one wished John to leave but now it is just getting stupid and the committee will not have its good name blackened by any member just because they did'nt get there way. I thought i left theses things in the playground at school. the comment has been removed i do apologise but facts are facts the letter is open for all to read as not confidential as to our rules all minutes are open to all members if they wish to view both the complaint and letter of reply.
Monthly Raffle Winners can be found by clicking Here! Or
For the Club news
Our thoughts go out to Our Members who are Incapacitated or Poorly to send them best wishes please visit this page as they will appreciate an email or two.click Me
Lates Wetwheels trip Click Me
Next Work Party (weather permitting) T.B.A
If you have an Hour or more to spare then support your Club this winter by helping out clear some debris from the Lakes and banks leading to a safer more comfortable Angling experience, so rather than leave it to someone else come along and help out. The committee does not wish to make it mandatory within the rules as we would prefer it to be voluntary, so please don't leave it to someone else to do as they are our Lakes and need maintenance to be kept pristine and safe not only for us but the Disabled and Able alike who fish them, and would like to keep it that way.
Please let us know by using the "click Me" button below if you wish to attend as we supply Tea/Coffee or cold drinks if you prefer and Bacon Rolls to those who turn up, as every little helps keep it safe for others. click Me
Mr Fred Monck
Mr Richard Newnham
Mr Dave O'Donnell
Mrs Jan Horton
Mr Paul Parkin
Mrs sue O'Donnell
Head Club Bailiff
Mr Dominic Haines
Mr Derek Wood
Horizon Angling Club for the Disabled is a Registered Charity that is involved in many aspects of fishing for the disabled angler and abled bodied angler alike, in addition the club is also involved in many aspects of Coarse fishing, Fly fishing and Sea angling. The club runs matches throughout the summer Months for top weight and best specimens in a friendly manner. We meet every Thursday between 16:30pm and 19:30pm (winter Months vary) at our modest clubhouse, Unit 11/12 Bastion 3, Scott Road Hilsea, Portsmouth PO3 5JH. We have our own Private Lakes that hold a good head of large Carp, bream and Tench, The club holds exchange tickets with several local coarse fishing clubs. The club also organizes a "Try Fly Fishing" day as well as organizing sea angling from the local pier and from local wheelchair accessible charter boat at a reduced cost to our members Pop down and enjoy a chat or a drink everyone is welcome. Member of the Information Commissioner's Office https:www.ico.org.uk
To all Members
Until next Meeting on
Tuesday 17th July Three Oaks
Sunday 22nd July Havant Lakes
Tuesday 31st July Hambrook
Sunday 12th August havant Lakes
In 2018 we will run the Coarse Match Meeting Competition League Points and Weights) which is open to all fishing members whether Full or Associate. There will again be a weekend League called The Havant Lakes Cup, again open to all members. Points will be awarded in events in 2018 as follows:-
First place 10 points
Second 5 points
Third 2 points
And 4th spot. 1 point
Plus 1 point for attending and 1 bonus point for best fish of the day.
To help prevent the transfer of disease between waters, please remember to dip your nets, mats and slings in disinfectant tanks where provided, and to dry nets, mats and slings before going on your next session.
Please follow any instructions given by on-site Bailiffs and Match Organiser and remember to take all litter home after fishing.
All Matches held at Hambrook are Carp Matches two rods and all other fish count to weight in overall weight league not on the day
For more information, ask Derek using the form below
Coarse Match Fishing Organiser Horizon Angling Club for the Disabled
Please ask as many Questions as you want so we know what you require.
Full members (Disabled)
- New Members pay a one off £10 fee for the club Badge, ID-Card and admin .
- fees payable 1st April to 31st following year discounted at 6th monthly only.
- (subject to change at committee's discretion)
Associate Fishing Member.
- New Associate fishing Members pay a one off £10 fee for the club Badge, ID-Card and admin .
- fees payable from 1st April to 31st March following year discounted at 6th monthly only. (subject to change at committee's discretion)
- All Associate Members are subject to selection to the Committee and as a requirement of Joining must assist in some if not all Work Parties throughout the year on the private lakes also assist if required in transferring Full members equipment if they cannot do so themselves, and/ or assist in the safe landing of any catches due to a full member not being able to manage it in a safe and timely manner on events they fish as alongside full members.
Associate Only Member .
- New Associate fishing Members pay a one off £10 fee for the club Badge, iD-Card and admin .
- fees payable from 1st April to 31st March following year discounted at 6th monthly only.
- (subject to change at committee's discretion)
- All Associate Members are subject to selection to the Committee and as a requirement of Joining if possible assist in some if not all Work Parties throughout the year on the private lakes also assist if they attend matches or the lakes in transferring Full members equipment if they cannot do so themselves (only if they can do so safely without causing harm to themselves).
Junior Fishing Members
- New Junior fishing Members pay a one off £10 fee for the club Badge, iD-Card and admin .
- fees payable from 1st April to 31st March following year discounted at 6th monthly only. (subject to change at committee's discretion) parent/guardian must countersign form.
- All Junior Members are subject to selection to the Committee and as a requirement of Joining must have an Adult Family member to fish or are responsible onsite for them as the nature of our club we cannot take responsibility of any person under the age of 16 years of age. we do apologise for this but under the new DBS rules we are not prepared to take responsibility for a youth under 16 as members being primary of Disabled membership.