Please take five minutes to look at our Sponsors Here!
Members we have a set Date for our annual trip to the MBK coloured Ponds Rake, Sunday 1st July it has been a success over the past three years and fun day for all to catch some nice specimens on two lakes exclusive to us HorizonDAC. If you are interested in coming along see Derek his contact details are under the match section or Speak to Sue down the club on a Thursday, there is a token fee of £5 for each Angler. Associates are reminded we will need a few to assist with these anglers who cannot get the gear to the lakes, and may need assistance when landing that huge specimen Carp that all will envy.
Monthly Raffle Winners can be found by clicking Here! Or============================================================================================= For the Club news News update ================================================================================================
Our thoughts go out to Our Members who are Incapacitated or Poorly to send them best wishes please visit this page as they will appreciate an email or two.click Me
A big thank you to those members who turned up and helped at the work party 15th April, a lot of work was done by all and the committee is very proud of all who spent sunday morning helping out the club.
AGM page of the work force pictures work party here
Lates Wetwheels trip Click Me
Next Work Party (weather permitting) 10th June
If you have an Hour or more to spare then support your Club this winter by helping out clear some debris from the Lakes and banks leading to a safer more comfortable Angling experience, so rather than leave it to someone else come along and help out. The committee does not wish to make it mandatory within the rules as we would prefer it to be voluntary, so please don't leave it to someone else to do as they are our Lakes and need maintenance to be kept pristine and safe not only for us but the Disabled and Able alike who fish them, and would like to keep it that way.Please let us know by using the "click Me" button below if you wish to attend as we supply Tea/Coffee or cold drinks if you prefer and Bacon Rolls to those who turn up, as every little helps keep it safe for others. click Me
Mr Fred Monck
Mr Richard Newnham
Mr Dave O'Donnell
Mrs Jan Horton
Mr Paul Parkin
Mrs sue O'Donnell
Head Club Bailiff
Mr Dominic Haines
Mr Derek Wood
Horizon Angling Club for the Disabled is a Registered Charity that is involved in many aspects of fishing for the disabled angler and abled bodied angler alike, in addition the club is also involved in many aspects of Coarse fishing, Fly fishing and Sea angling. The club runs matches throughout the summer Months for top weight and best specimens in a friendly manner. We meet every Thursday between 16:30pm and 19:30pm (winter Months vary) at our modest clubhouse, Unit 11/12 Bastion 3, Scott Road Hilsea, Portsmouth PO3 5JH. We have our own Private Lakes that hold a good head of large Carp, bream and Tench, The club holds exchange tickets with several local coarse fishing clubs. The club also organizes a "Try Fly Fishing" day as well as organizing sea angling from the local pier and from local wheelchair accessible charter boat at a reduced cost to our members Pop down and enjoy a chat or a drink everyone is welcome. Member of the Information Commissioner's Office https:www.ico.org.uk
To all Members
Until next Meeting on
Tuesday 22nd May at Three Oaks Lakes
Tuesday 29th May at Hambrook Lakes match #4 Re-scheduled
Sunday 3rd June Havant Lakes
In 2018 we will run the Coarse Match Meeting Competition League Points and Weights) which is open to all fishing members whether Full or Associate. There will again be a weekend League called The Havant Lakes Cup, again open to all members. Points will be awarded in events in 2018 as follows:-
First place 10 points
Second 5 points
Third 2 points
And 4th spot. 1 point
Plus 1 point for attending and 1 bonus point for best fish of the day.
To help prevent the transfer of disease between waters, please remember to dip your nets, mats and slings in disinfectant tanks where provided, and to dry nets, mats and slings before going on your next session.
Please follow any instructions given by on-site Bailiffs and Match Organiser and remember to take all litter home after fishing.
All Matches held at Hambrook are Carp Matches two rods and all other fish count to weight in overall weight league not on the day
For more information, ask Derek using the form below
Coarse Match Fishing Organiser Horizon Angling Club for the Disabled
Please ask as many Questions as you want so we know what you require.
Full members (Disabled)
- New Members pay a one off £10 fee for the club Badge, ID-Card and admin .
- fees payable 1st April to 31st following year discounted at 6th monthly only.
- (subject to change at committee's discretion)
Associate Fishing Member.
- New Associate fishing Members pay a one off £10 fee for the club Badge, ID-Card and admin .
- fees payable from 1st April to 31st March following year discounted at 6th monthly only. (subject to change at committee's discretion)
- All Associate Members are subject to selection to the Committee and as a requirement of Joining must assist in some if not all Work Parties throughout the year on the private lakes also assist if required in transferring Full members equipment if they cannot do so themselves, and/ or assist in the safe landing of any catches due to a full member not being able to manage it in a safe and timely manner on events they fish as alongside full members.
Associate Only Member .
- New Associate fishing Members pay a one off £10 fee for the club Badge, iD-Card and admin .
- fees payable from 1st April to 31st March following year discounted at 6th monthly only.
- (subject to change at committee's discretion)
- All Associate Members are subject to selection to the Committee and as a requirement of Joining if possible assist in some if not all Work Parties throughout the year on the private lakes also assist if they attend matches or the lakes in transferring Full members equipment if they cannot do so themselves (only if they can do so safely without causing harm to themselves).
Junior Fishing Members
- New Junior fishing Members pay a one off £10 fee for the club Badge, iD-Card and admin .
- fees payable from 1st April to 31st March following year discounted at 6th monthly only. (subject to change at committee's discretion) parent/guardian must countersign form.
- All Junior Members are subject to selection to the Committee and as a requirement of Joining must have an Adult Family member to fish or are responsible onsite for them as the nature of our club we cannot take responsibility of any person under the age of 16 years of age. we do apologise for this but under the new DBS rules we are not prepared to take responsibility for a youth under 16 as members being primary of Disabled membership.